Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Church was nice today. We had a guest preacher and a hand bell choir. I enjoyed the sermon and the music. I've never heard hand bell music before, and it was delightful. After church, we had a small group meeting. After the meeting, I helped clean up, then went home. After I took a long nap, my husband and I went out to dinner, then returned home. I washed a load of laundry, watched a bit of tv, and practiced some songs on the ukulele.


I haven't blogged lately, because I was feeling quite low in energy. I've been so busy with work, church, dance and ukulele, that I haven't paid enough attention to my own self care. A few nights of sleeping for 10-12 hours, and one sick day from work, and I'm pretty much back to my normal energy level. Sunday afternoon naps also help! Anyway, I had an appointment at Kaiser, and took some blood tests. I don't have the results yet. I will also be tested for sleep apnea a week and a couple of days from now. My doctor told me that I need to avoid sugar and caffeine. The things that I thought gave me energy actually caused me to crash.


In order to effectively help other people, I need to take care of myself.

No comments: